METRO MANILA / FASHION / Jewelry
Founders: Tricia Libongco-Ancheta and Matet Libongco-Lacsina
1. What got you started with this brand? What was your inspiration? What is the idea/concept behind it?
Calado was born out of our love for Philippine-made products, specifically fashion accessories/jewelry. The idea for our business came about during our first trip to Bohol, where we discovered and instantly fell in love with what we now call our Corazon earrings. From this encounter, we were inspired to create our own brand of handmade Philippine heritage jewelry.
2. What is your personal favorite product from your brand?
Our Corazon earrings. Because it was our very first pair, and it always reminded us of how everything fell into place, as if destiny had a hand in it.
3. What do you want people to experience with your brand/product(s)?
We want them to appreciate and experience the craftsmanship of our local artisans. They are not only buying handmade jewelry but pieces of art as well. More importantly, we want them to be aware that through their purchase, they are breathing new life to this age-old craft of jewelry-making. What is old is new again.
4. What tips and advice can you give to entrepreneurs who are just starting out or are planning to start their own brand?
Calado started out as a passion project. We wanted to create something we were really interested in. That being said, cliché as it may sound, you should love what you do. It won’t always be smooth-sailing, so you’ll need a lot of love to power through the hard times.
5. What’s next for your brand?
Collaborations and new silhouettes! We want to showcase what new things our local artisans can do.
6. What other additional information and details would you like to share?
For inquiries, you may contact us here: email@example.com